Monday, March 16, 2009

Experienced angler, waterfowler, sunglass salesman and senior citizen are a few things I am. A savy techno wiz is something I am not so any suggestions to improve and expand my internet presence would be greatfully appreciated. In fact I will send a free pair of Big Eye Sunglasses (bigeyeeyewear.com) to the first 10 people responding! What's the catch? You have to convince me that you do not know me or know one of my very few "friends".

This is the time of year when much, if not all, my time is spent on the road selling CenterLine Optics/Big Eye sunglasses. Thoughts about fishing are never very far away, particularly when business takes me to places like Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Block Island, Eastern Long Island or the Jersey shore. Hey someone has to do the "tough" work. When I do have a free moment I am tying flies - particularly those needed for spring bass in the CT River. As the water temp approaches 50, gurglers become my favorite. When the bass are after surface flies, nothing is better. A big bass making a "giant" hole in the water, smashing at a gurgler is the ultimate bass thrill. Big clausers, 4 - 7", on a sinking line are also very effective flies on big spring CT River bass. I always seem to end the season with only a couple left in my box so I am making these as well.

At this moment I am in the air flying from Hyannis to Nantucket looking down on Monomy and Great Point reflecting that it will only be a few weeks before the bass I am talking about will be taking my fishing emotions from elation to extreme frustration.

1 comment:

  1. This blog page just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete